Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Time

It's time once again for all the ghosts, and ghouls, and goblins, and witches to come out. But this year there is something far scarier than all those things; Obama winning the election. So being the good citizens that we are, Brooke and I decided to show our support of McCain by making Republican-O-Lanterns. We put them proudly in front of our apartment building fully anticipating that they would be smashed on the street within hours. However, about 24 hours later they are still intact. We'll see how long they last. So, what do you think?

6 comments:

Adam and Tara said...

I am honored to leave the first comment on this post. I'm not gonna lie, your pumpkins are pretty amazing, but when it comes down to it, do you really want McCain and Palin or was an elephant just easier to carve than a donkey? I personally would have just carved a giant pumpkin into the shape of Ralph Nader’s face.

Brandon and Krystyn said...

I am so proud!!

Carrie said...

At our house, our pumpkins are a little more ghoulish in one case, "kitty-like" in another, and very happy for the third (the owner of that pumpkin doesn't like anything scary...Halloween's going to be fun this year!). However, had I been a little more politically inclined my pumpkins would not have had anything to do with the old sick guy or the inexperienced loud woman. Instead, I would have tried to honor my true candidate of choice....Hillary!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I must say, that is really quite impressive!!!

Brian and Wendy said...

Is Carrie joking? Hillary?

Robin said...

This comment is just to let you know I read all the blogs - loved all the blogs - and love you two! M