Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Fitness Challenge

Is anyone interested in participating in a summer fitness challenge? Most of you are probably on track and don't need to change anything but for anyone who is interested we should get together some kind of challenge with a goal in mind, maybe a race we could participate in together at some point:

(I'm sure we could rent bikes in New York.
If not gabe and i could find friends to borrow from)

July 27th NYC Half-Marathon

Sept. 7 - 24th Annual NEW YORK CITY BIATHLON
Central Park - Run-2 mi. Bike-12 mi. Run-2 mi.

October 5 - 24th Annual CENTRAL PARK BIATHLON
Central Park - Run-2 mi. Bike-12 mi. Run-2 mi.

Nov. 2nd NYC Marathon

I think it would be a really awesome experience to participate in a more extreme event such as these in New York. There are plenty more to choose from if anyone is interested. Like I said before I think that this could be a really neat experience to do together as a family. Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I've heard that Bicycle Polo is really the thing in Brooklyn right now. I'm all for a fitness challenge, but I think this might just be the perfect avenue for you guys and talk about a way to get involved with your community. So get on the bike and pick up a mallet, just watch where you're swinging that thing.

Brooke said...

Bicycle polo? I don't know about that. Gabe is capable but I think I am lacking the coordination for such a sport...good idea though:) Would you want to come out to New York for one of these events? Or do you want to measure our challenge by something else?

Brandon and Krystyn said...

Brooke-
I will supply Dad some Biker shorts and a Skin tight water resistant head band and I wont forget the 12 pound hand held am/fm radio. Not only do I think we should participate but we should also post inspiring billboards across the counry to intimidate the competition.

Brian and Wendy said...

I think Brandon is on to something, wether it's polo or a triathalon I don't care. I like the idea of Big Arvid in tights and lots of media coverage.

Brooke said...

Brothers these are both great ideas. Thanks for the suggestions I will run it by big brent and see where it goes from there. Hopefully good things will come from this.