Sunday, June 22, 2008

Brandon, Krystyn, & Chase's first trip to NYC



We had such a fun weekend with Brandon, Krystyn, and Chase. They were only able to come for the weekend, but we got a lot in! We ate at the infamous Di Fara pizza joint, walked the Brooklyn Bridge, shopped China Town, toured Time Square, ate at my fav Chipotle, visited the Brooklyn Aquarium, and ended the trip with a concert at Central Park. We did a lot of sight-seeing in between all these events and we rode the subway plenty. Gabe and I truly enjoyed being tour guides! Chase is so precious. He thinks his Dad is the funniest person alive, he will eventually learn that Brandon is rather goofy but that's alright. Reggie and Chase got along great. Reggie was patient as Chase tried to get the hang of "petting" rather the "yanking". We enjoyed a game of Ticket to Ride, Brandon & Krystyn did an all right job for their first time. I had to show them who's the boss in new york though:) All in all, we are so grateful that Brandon and Krystyn were such great sports about making the 8 (10 in Brandon's case) hour trip from North Carolina!! We love you guys!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm glad you had visitor...but I wish it was me! I'm trying to figure out how to get out there soon (with or without William). I have two friends heading out next week...and they are actually going to pick up a handbag for me...and I'm really jealous. your travel log seemed great but when I come out there, get ready for museum, museum, museum!!!!!!

Brooke said...

We are ready for it, we are in fact saving some of our museum energy for your visit! Why didn't you just tell me to get you a purse?! I'm upset! Tell me when you want something, you don't need your friends to get it your sister can get it! Now that I have a job we are pretty much really rich. Not really, but at least we don't have to worry that every bank statement will very like be in the negatives:) Tell me next time, or I'm gonna be mad!