Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Holiday Adventures

It was so great coming home for the holidays. Here are some of the adventures that took place over the two week vacation...

THE POLAR EXPRESS

It was freezing, but we cozied up together waiting to be warmed by the stoves inside the train.

Gabe felt just like the little boy in the book.
I think Gabe was trying to keep Sophie's head warm?
Gabe caught Mom and Dad off guard to snap a picture with Santa. Big Brent was lovin' it.

Pampering ourselves with Pedicures

We treated ourselves to a pedicure. The women were loving Gabe and David. "Gabriel, you look so smart and so handsome. David, you so tall and so strong." Or so the vietnamese women said.
Pedicure + Praise=David's Celestial Kingdom.

Go-Kart Racing at Fast-Kart

We has some healthy family competition at Fast Karts. No one believed in me(thanks a lot Daddy!), but I showed them! I got 2nd place to Wendy. If Gabe and Bruce didn't cut me off then I would have won. You better watch out Wendy!
Here's everyone lining up. All bets were on Bryson. Too bad the woman had to take the victory home!
Those go-karts got going up to speeds of 40mph! That's really fast when you're that low to the ground. Afterwards we were all quite sore, our ego's for some others just our bodies.
Overall the racing was quite the bonding activity. Prepare yourself for next time Brandon!

Christmas with the O'Neil'sGrampy couldn't resist getting his newest grandson a baby motorcycle. Too bad he's a bit young for it but he'll figure it out soon.
Doesn't everyone heart NY? At least Brooke and Gabe were hearting giving them as inexpensive gifts:)

Christmas with the Anderson's

The Anderson's house at the holidays means lots of games and puzzling. Ah, good times had by all.
We finally met Annie!! She's even more adorable in person, if you can imagine!
Cindy was gracious enough to have us over for dinner & games multiple times. I have to say you can always count on a good time at the Madsen's.
We also got to meet Chummy. Gabe and I have decided that our next family pet will be a havanese. Chummy is charming and I know Reggie will adore him!

Gabe doesn't think he'll ever be able to consistently beat David in cribbage. He has the most ridiculous luck ever. Or maybe he's just better than Gabe, sorry babe.

Playing Dress-Up

It's not a quality vacation until Brooke has played dress up.

Hotel Night
Uncle Bryson is the best uncle ever! He spoiled his niece and nephews to a sleep-over at the Holiday Inn. Swimming was the highlight of the evening.
Jack was big on flexing for us all night. If I had muscles like his then I would be too!

I've never seen a baby love the water as much as Chase. He kicked his legs so hard I'm convinced he thought he was swimming by himself. It was too cute!

4 comments:

Adam and Tara said...

Ok I think you two are lying about the pictures. Gabe--what do you think the men at work think when you come back with b-e-a-utiful toes? They'll think you've joined their side :) Brooke, that Hannah Montana looking wig makes you look like you're a street walker. Even with all of your vices we love you--and MISS YOU!

Carrie said...

Miss you both; it was a great Christmas.

Brian and Wendy said...

I love all the pictures! We had such a great time with you guys over Christmas & it looks that is was equally great down in Provo! The beautiful thing about home for the holidays is, in the midst of it all, sometimes it can feel painful, but as soon as January 2nd arrives, you only have great memories of an amazing Christmas season! I love knowing that we get to look forward to some family traditions: Go Carting, Polar Expressing, card game tutoring, & calorie intaking!
Can't wait until next year!

Adam and Tara said...

how cool was the polar express. I've wanted to do it my whole life. I find that the older I get the buring I feel from with in gets stronger. I must not mis another years ride. December 2009, Santa here I come!