Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good Morning America










Gabe & I have been excited about seeing Feist for quite some time now. We fully anticipated that this event in Bryant Park was a free two hour Feist concert. We wake up at 5:30 to take the 45 minute train ride into the city. We show up at 6:45am (maybe we should have thought something was up because this concert was so early, but we didn't), so we show up and realize it's Good Morning America. It was cool to see how the show works but it was also kind of annoying because we only heard 3 short songs for the 2 and 1/2 hours that we were there but we were able to see Diane Sawyer and some other famous people. All in all, we were on Good Morning America, we saw Feist, and we are big time.

9 comments:

Brandon and Krystyn said...

Brooke, funny story! I got your text and I was thinking you were there to see the cooking segment because of the 'feast' but I didn't read the spelling very well seeing as it was 5:30 am!! So all morning, I was anticipating the cooking portion so I could get a glimpse of you and Gabe!!! I don't know what I was thinking..hahaha...Anyway, hope you had fun!! Miss ya!

Carrie said...

I didn't know you guys could actually get out of bed that early! Hurray! Wish I was there...have fun with Mom and Cindy later this week.

Brooke said...

Carrie, you have absolutely no faith in us. School starts at 8:45 and I have to be there by 8, which means I have to wake up at 5:45 if I want to work-out that day(I can't get myself to go after work). I'm growing up...I still sleep in till noon on the weekends.

Brooke said...

...as for Gabriel he doesn't start work till 9:30, lazy interior designers! Gabe is not lazy but his co-workers don't mind staying at the office late so might as well not rush in the morning.

Brian and Wendy said...

Does it mean that I'm old, I had no idea who "Feist" was. I am glad to see Kyrstyn's post, I was really feeling out of the loop.

Brian and Wendy said...

Gabe I have to ask...is that IZOD you're wearing in the picture part of the "twenty pack" that Bryson bought on eBay? I would still like to resolve the question, are they fake or not? I still can't believe even Bryson could find 20 authentic IZOD shirts on eBay for fifty bucks.

Jed said...

You'll have to send me a list of your favorite Feist songs. I have one of her songs but I can't remember where I got it or why. Otherwise, I don't think I've heard much of her stuff. But if she's worth waking up for at 5:30 am, she must be something special.

BTW: "Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants." Fo shizzle.

Anonymous said...

that is so aweseme you guys got to see Fiest. She was in Park City last week and I didn't even know about it! I was soooooo sad!

Rachel said...

I am so glad it worked out for you guys! I remember waking up that morning thinking... Oh geez, if I had to wake up any earlier I'd die... Let's do something fun soon.