Saturday, July 19, 2008

Run For Central Park 4M









This was my first NYC race. There were so many people there and the energy was outrageous! I didn't win the race but I had a lot of fun participating...p.s. I didn't mention that it was 95 degrees by 9 this morning and again, 100% humidity. There were volunteers along the race hosing runners down, at first I was kind of humiliated that someone was spraying me down but I quickly embraced it. In fact, by the third mile I was so disgustingly hot that I stood mouth open in front of the hose. There is something about the weather here that makes me completely shameless.

6 comments:

Brian and Wendy said...

I think it's really cool that you guys have embraced the whole New York experience so much. It looks like you are both acclimating well. I also find it curious that Brooke was recruiting for a "family fitness" challenge so hard, yet she now admitts how stiffeling the summer heat is? I'm quite comfortable sitting on my back porch right now, 75 degrees and 20% humidity. When the weather gets a little more resonable, we'll plan our trip out east.

Adam and Tara said...

Go Brooke! Congrats on finishing!! You're amazing :)

Brandon and Krystyn said...

Brooke, you are inspiring!! GOod job!

Anonymous said...

Brooke- you're amazing! I love you!

Brooke Madsen said...

Brooke-That is awesome. I am so jealous. I want to get out and run so badly right now..but all I can do is waddle. I want this baby out of me NOW!

Carrie said...

You totally ROCK, Brooke! Keep running, girl...you need to be able to outrun the pickpockets in the park.