Thursday, August 14, 2008

Salon Disaster




Since we have moved here I have been dreading having to get my hair-cut. It is such a pain to find a decent salon & stylist. I loved my stylist in Logan so much, especially that she charged me 1/3 of the price that it costs to get your hair-cut here! On Saturday I bit the bullet and ventured to a salon that has good reviews on kelp. Ruthie sat me down and as I tried to explain to her how I like my hair done, she is telling me that she doesn't think that's the best way of handling my fine hair. Alright, she is a New York stylist she must know better techniques then Logan Utah. Nope. What's extra crappy about this experience was that my hair wouldn't have been so bad if I would have moved on after the first screw up (that happened on Saturday) but since she charged me $60 I felt that it was her responsibility to salvage it. So I went back in and she chopped my mop into an uneven mullet. I'm just grateful I've got enough time to grow this back out before any of you can really make fun of me.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I think you look really hip and cute...isn't the mullet back in?

Brian and Wendy said...

Brooke are sure you didn't let Gabe get ya back for the eyebrow incident. When are you going to except Utah hair big, blond, & alot of hair spray stop fighting your heritage!

MomDadO"Neil said...

I have to tell you Brooke, after being in this ward where the average age of the adults is 27, My theory on their hair is the more uneven and colorful (actually skunk like is the most common) the better you stand out! You aren't even going to rate here. Don't worry though by the time I see you again I will be missing you so much we will pull out the old college magic money card and go get you blonde and beautiful!!

Adam and Tara said...

OH BROOKE!! I still love you even with a mullet :) This is a good time for a pony tail--even though you can pull off the mullet. This makes me wish we were in NY together. Love you!

Rachel said...

Yikes! Now I'm even more scared of getting my hair cut! My usual person is on a mission so I swore I wouldn't do it for 2 years... the future of hair in NYC is looking grim... too bad we can't be like our husbands and just go bald...

Anonymous said...

Oh Brooke, it's beautiful! haha I love you!

Anonymous said...

PS Utah says COME HOME!